Events & Parties
We offer our same fun, hands-on cooking class in party form. Great for budding chefs, little gourmands, and big kids alike. Perfect for birthdays, special events, home school groups, scout troupes, play groups, team building—or anytime you want to bring your own cooking class to your special group. You supply the location, we’ll bring the party. [Let us know if you need suggestions/ help on finding a location—we can help!]
Available Cooking Themes:
Our recipes are vegetarian, allergy-aware and nut-free. Most can be altered to avoid other allergies, like lactose, or soy. Please let us know of any party-goers allergies before the party date!
Fruit Smash Pancakes
(Ages 2+) Seasonal fruit is sliced and smashed into a delicious topping for our cinnamon-spiked and fluffy whole wheat pancakes party-goers measure and mix! (lactose-free)
Middle Eastern Meze
(Ages 2+) Slice and skewer vegetables, whiz up hummus and tzatziki, then and eat. (gluten-free)
(Ages 2+) As a group measure and knead dough then roll out individual pies with choice of topping. [Location with oven required.]
(Ages 5+) We’ll knead together and roll out a vegetable-filled pasta dough in Italian colors then slice it into fun seasonal shapes. (lactose-free)
(Ages 5+) El Salvadorian pupusa are kneaded together and stuffed before making guacamole or fruit salsa. (gluten-free)
- 90-minute private cooking party
- Cooking theme of your choice
- Chef teacher (& assistant if needed for class size)
- Learn about kitchen and knife safety, kitchen tools, and measurements
- Age-appropriate hands-on cooking activity, including chopping, measuring, and mixing
- Supplies, tools and ingredients to complete recipe
- Sous chef hats for every participant (for children under 12)
- Chef hat for birthday child (if event is a birthday)
- Printed recipe for each participant
To run a Cooking Party, we need:
- Location with power source (so we can plug in to cook)
- Size appropriate/ accessible tables the party-goers will prep and measure on
- Water access
- Access to the site approximately 30 minutes before (prep) and 15 minutes after event (clean up)
- $100 deposit one week before event date
We do not supply:
Birthday cake, balloons, beverages or paper goods (tablecloths, plates, napkins, utensils, cups)
- $750 for up to 12 children. $25 for each additional child. Recommended maximum 20 children.
- $150 (minimum) for travel outside NYC, depending on location.
We Love Salad!
“These veggie dumplings are really good. I'm beginning to trust that beans can be delicious!"
“I could never get her to eat pumpkin soup. We made yours and she asks for it every night!”
"This is my all-time favorite club! I finished all the food on my plate! I'm going to make this at home."