Summer Culinary Experience
We are thrilled to offer our first ever YOUTH SUMMER CULINARY EXPERIENCE! This has been a dream for years in the making — no joke, and finally with our awesome team of passionate educators we can make it a reality!
This summer, join us for Allergic to Salad‘s 2017 Summer Culinary Experience! Together we’ll explore some of New York City’s best bakeries, restaurants and food factories for master classes and behind-the-scenes tours. We’ll dig, plant and harvest in urban and rooftop gardens, forage, visit farmer’s markets, investigate urban beekeeping, chickens and more! We’ll visit museums offering food-focused exhibits and bring it all back to cook up lessons in bread making, fermentation, cheese making, sushi rolling and more — every day a new experience, everyday new recipes and skills to learn.
Let’s not forget how to be a kid!
Conveniently located across from Prospect Park at our “base camp” at Brooklyn Ethical in Park Slope, we’ll also have time to explore, run and play in the park.
Each session Includes:
- Discounts for multi-week registration
- Ages 8-13
- Snacks/ lunch included
- T-shirts and apron included
- Limited space
All counselors are Allergic to Salad’s team educators with CPR certification and Food Handler’s License.
For joining us this inaugural year we’re offering– and asking, for a few things:
- A super personalized camp experience! Register early and submit necessary paperwork and payment to ensure your spot.
- By participating in our inaugural year your child will be “grandfathered” in at the best price in subsequent years.
- While we think we know what kids love (we have over 10 years of teaching under our belt and a few kids of our own) our goal is to create a camp for kids by kids! We’ll be asking for input, suggestions and commentary throughout our Experience.
Costs at a glance
- $600 / week
- 3+ week sign up= 10% discount
- Sibling discount
- Low-rates for pre-/post- care cost