Are you passionate about cooking, healthy eating and educating children? Join the Allergic to Salad team!
Allergic to Salad is seeking reliable, self-motivated, independent, fun-loving and kid-loving part-time Children’s Food Educators to join our team. The Children’s Food Educators work closely with Allergic to Salad founder and lead educator, Stacey Ornstein. This person(s) is responsible for leading and/or assisting kids cooking events (classes, parties and special events). Currently most classes are in (western) Queens, but with high potential to expand to other boroughs as we continue to grow. Candidate should be a good communicator, flexible and positive team player. Access to a car preferred.
- Assisting and/or leading kids cooking events (classes, parties, and special events) for kids aged 2.5 to 16.
- Prep for classes: purchasing groceries and prepping/ cleaning for events, as necessary.
- Clean up: Must leave locations in condition found, or cleaner.
- Supervise and aid children during cooking.
- Building and maintain positive relationships with both parents and children.
- Follow up after classes with attendees and with Allergic to Salad.
- Recipe development, testing and writing.
- Maintain a positive, safe, supportive and welcoming environment.
Flexible/ part-time. Will begin with a monthly (Saturday) class with high potential to expand to more classes, including weekday/ daytime.
Payment will depend on the type of event and scope of work involved.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Reliable, self-motivated, independent, motivational
- Fun-loving and kid-loving a must.
- Some teaching background preferred.
- Basic kitchen/ cooking and food knowledge—can explain these concepts to children.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organized with an attention to detail.
- Flexible, with ability to improvise, if needed.
- Candidate may be in the process of completing a Bachelor’s Degree, Culinary Degree, or having completed either/ both.
If interested, please contact us with your resume, areas of interest and availability.